Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The branches of my tree are?!?

Where do I start? Well, here I suppose!  If you have anything to add please let me know!  I can add you to this blog and you can add to it also.  I'm learning as I go with this "Blogging" thing, let's see where it will take us.
Here I go!
 
My paternal line of Gilmore, with the surnames of: Cockerham, Garner, Jones, Keen, Odom and others.  These families are in North Louisiana from the mid 1800’s to present.  Before that time period they were living in South Carolina and Georgia.
 
My maternal line DuBell, with the surnames of: Barr, Brooks, McClanahan, Roberts, Shackelford, Stephens and others.  Our Great Grandfather John DuBell came over from The Netherlands between 1867 and 1869 from the data in Census records. His-Story will be the first I will be posting here!  The rest of the family are located in North Louisiana also from the early to mid 1800’s.   
 
My son’s surname is Snyder and is on my extensive list!  The surnames are Snyder, Ware and Gulledge from Birmingham, Alabama.
My step family is also very near and dear to me, these names will not be forgotten from my musings and search!  Barringer and Pierce along with their allied surnames… they are now living in South East Louisiana.  The Pierce’s came from Iowa in 1898 and James M. “Captain Jim” Barringer was born in Algiers, Louisiana. 
I hope to add photos and documents as I can! 

ttys!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment